Holidays are coming up and you’re still in need of a dish to bring to this year’s holiday potluck. Why not try out this Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping? It’s a well-loved, classic dish that almost everyone will love, and it tastes even better when topped with a delicious crunchy pecan topping. It doesn’t take too much time or effort to make either, so why not give it a try?
Whether you’ve already made your Thanksgiving meal and side dishes this year or still need one to make. This slow-cooker sweet potato casserole is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, whether for a holiday meal or a casual family dinner. So if you’ve already made your meals, you can make this tomorrow. Now if this were my dish I’d have to do it without the pecans but I’m sure it would taste just as good. I have had the pleasure to go through the latest “America’s Favorite Food” cookbook created by MyRecipes and will be talking about it and other recipes in the next few weeks. Here’s a sample of one which is perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed (about 4 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add whipping cream; stir well. Pour into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker.
- Combine pecans and remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
Used with permission from MyRecipes.com pg 212” to “MyRecipes “America’s Favorite Food” Cookbook”