Last night I decided to have all the kids try two new items, even I was trying them and they were all healthy. Those items, as mentioned in my previous Wordless Wednesday Posts were Cauliflower Popcorn and Honey Glazed Stuffed Chicken. Many of you asked what the popcorn was and for the recipe for the chicken. Unfortunately neither recipe is my own but I did manage to change things up a bit because of my own preferences and not having all the right ingredients. Cauliflower Popcorn was inspired when I read it over at InspiredRd. She had posted the recipe and pictures of her kids eating it and I thought why not.
1 head of cauliflower
2 tsp olive oil
1. Cut the cauliflower all up into little pieces (not too little now, basically you just want the heads and not the stem)
2. Toss them into a bowl and pour the olive oil in. Mix them up.
3. Line parchment paper at the bottom of a cookie sheet. Pour the cauliflower on top. Season the way you’d like. (some use salt, some will use popcorn seasonings)
4. Place in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes.
5. Take out (careful they are hot) and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese and serve.
Note: Mine turned out slightly burned on one side because I didn’t have the parchment paper and only aluminum foil. Next time I’m using the paper. But still turned out good and soft.
What type of healthy snacks do you make for yourself or for your children? Do you steam veggies, make homemade granola bars? I’d love to read a few recipes.
So lets move on to our dinner, which was honey glazed stuffed chicken. The glazed chicken stemmed from a conversation I had with my husband’s friend, since I couldn’t remember the recipe I had to look up a similar one.
Honey Glazed Stuffed Chicken
Now for the Honey Glazed Stuffed Chicken wrapped in bacon, I did not have the cheese it calls for so I substituted the following recipe (Honey Glazed Stuffed Chicken) with shredded mozzarella. I also cooked mine slightly longer because I’m a freak like that and can’t stand my chicken being slightly pink.
What have you cooked lately? I’m always looking for healthy recipes now? Please leave a comment to a recipe or a link to your page that has your recipe.