Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s time to show our moms some extra love and appreciation! If you’re looking for a fun and heartfelt gift idea that your little ones can make, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we’ve gathered 20 easy and adorable Mother’s Day card ideas that are perfect for kids of all ages. From handprint flowers to 3D pop-up cards, there’s something for every mom to cherish. So grab some paper, glue, and scissors, and let’s get crafting!
Explaining Mother’s Day to Kids
Before diving into the card ideas, it’s important to remind kids what Mother’s Day is all about. Explain to them that it’s a special day to show how much we love and appreciate our moms for all they do. Encourage them to think about why their mom is special to them and how they can express that love through a homemade card.
Mother’s Day Flower Cards
For moms who love flowers, these flower-themed card ideas are sure to bring a smile to their faces. Include a brief description of each idea, along with a link to the tutorial or printable.
- 3D Flower Card DIY: Pop-Up Cards for Kids from Red Ted Art. They’ve not only got a step-by-step on how to make these adorable pop-out cards but they even have a video for those that learn by sight.
- Handprint Flower Bouquet: Mother’s Day Craft Idea from Easy Peasy and Fun has a beautiful bouquet just for mom. Use her favorite color and brighten up her day.
- Flower Handprint Cards from Glued to My Crafts
- Flower Pot Card from I Stamp by Nancy Riley
- Cupcake Flower Liner: Mother’s Day Cards from I Heart Crafty Things
- Mother’s Day Footprint Flower Keepsake Card from Emma Owl
- Bouquet Hearts Card from Make and Takes
- Construction Paper Crafts for Kids: Rainbow Flowers from Twitchetts
- DIY Mother’s Day Card for Preschoolers from Ducks ‘n a Row
- I love you to pieces: Suncatcher Card from Learning and Exploring through Play
Mother’s Day Card that Hug & Kiss
If your little one is a big hugger or kisser, these card ideas are perfect for showing mom some extra love. Again, provide a brief description of each idea and a link to the tutorial.
- Make a Huggy Mother’s Day Card from Moms and Crafters and show mom you are giving her a great big bear hug on this special day
- The Kissing Hand Pop Up Card from Buggy and Buddy
- Make String Heart Yarn Cards from Hello Wonderful
- Hand-sewn Greeting Cards with Bakers Twine for Mother’s Day from Destination Decoration
- Colorful Mother’s Day Ideas from Teach With Me
Sweet Mother’s Day Cards
For moms who have a sweet tooth, these adorable card ideas are sure to satisfy. Include a brief description of each idea and a link to the tutorial or printable.
- You are My Sunshine: Mother’s Day Craft Idea from Kori at Home
- Hap-pea Mother’s Day Cards for Kids to Make from Crafty Morning
- Handprint Cupcake Card from I Heart arts and Crafts
- DIY Watercolor Mother’s Day Card Free Printable from Adventures in Making
- Mother’s Day Tea Poem from Wolfelicious
Other Gift Ideas for Kids to Make for Mother’s Day
While making a homemade Mother’s Day card is a wonderful way for kids to show their love and appreciation, some children may want to make a different type of gift for their mom. Here are a few alternative gift ideas that kids can easily make:
- DIY Picture Frame: Have kids decorate a plain picture frame with paint, glitter, stickers, or other craft materials. They can then insert a photo of themselves with their mom or a family portrait.
- Handprint Plaque: Trace your child’s hand on a piece of wood or foam board and have them paint it in their favorite colors. Once dry, write a sweet message or poem on it with a marker.
- Mason Jar Vase: Have kids decorate a mason jar with paint or tissue paper and fill it with their mom’s favorite flowers. It’s a sweet and practical gift that will brighten up any room.
- Coupon Book: Have kids make a coupon book filled with things they can do for their mom, such as making her breakfast in bed, doing the dishes, or giving her a back rub. These were always a favorite of mine to make growing up.
- Hand-painted Rocks: Collect smooth rocks and have kids paint them with colorful designs or messages. They can be used as paperweights, decorations, or even as part of a garden.
These gift ideas are just a few examples of the many possibilities for kids to make something special for their mom on Mother’s Day. The important thing is that the gift comes from the heart and shows how much they care. No matter which card idea you choose, the most important thing is to let your mom know how much you love and appreciate her. Remember, it’s the thought that counts and a handmade card is always a special and meaningful gift. So get creative, have fun, and happy Mother’s Day!
We hope you found these homemade Mother’s Day card and gift ideas inspiring and fun to create with your little ones. Do you have any other Mother’s Day card or gift ideas that you’d like to share? We’d love to hear them! Leave a comment below or share your ideas with us on social media using the hashtag #MothersDayDIY. Don’t forget to tag us so we can see your amazing creations. Let’s spread the love and celebrate all the amazing moms out there!
If you enjoyed these Mother’s Day card ideas and want more fun and creative DIY projects for kids, be sure to sign up for our newsletter! By joining our community, you’ll receive exclusive access to even more craft ideas, parenting tips, and special promotions. Plus, you’ll never miss a post and be the first to know about our latest content. So don’t wait, sign up today and let’s continue to make memories with our little ones!