Disclosure: Many thanks to Sony Pictures for providing this product/product information for review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive the product in exchange for this review and post.
Courageous came out a few years back and I absolutely loved the movie, but now 10 years later it is back! Courageous Legacy is moving forward ten years from where it last left off and letting us see all the changes. Did you watch Courageous when it first came out? If you did you are sure to like the revised version. (By the way, you still cry. Bring TONS of tissues!)
Courageous Legacy, a drama from the Kendrick Brothers, is re-releasing in theaters this MONTH (Yes, September 24th) with a NEW ending! Which is so much better than the last one, if you ask me! This inspiring film about the importance of fathers in a child’s life was originally released 10 years ago. It’s been updated, with a new ending (the characters are actually 10 years older), and it’s as powerful and important as ever.
Courageous Movie Summary
For those that have never seen this movie. Courageous is all about five men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they are confident and focused. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge that none of them are truly prepared to tackle: fatherhood. I think being a parent is both one of the hardest things in the world to do, but one of the most rewarding as well. For those that step up to the plate, you are true heroes. This movie definitely shows some of those tough moments, but also some of the little things we go through as well.
Go see Courageous Legacy this weekend Starting September 24th!
While they consistently give their best on the job, good enough seems to be all they can muster as dads. This is NOT what we want as fathers or mothers. Think of how God has given us his treasures, how he must feel when we do just enough when he gave it all. These were some of the discussions I got to have with two of my boys today. But when tragedy hits home in Courageous Legacy, they are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, their faith, and their fathering. Can a newfound urgency help these dads draw closer to God … and to their children? Have those tissues nearby!
All four are police officers and one friend just happens to be lucky enough to run into this group of guys and work for them. But he (Javier) will quickly become a member of this little squad. While watching this movie, my teen son told me he hopes to have a friendship group as tight as this one. I loved this comment, even more, because he recognizes how important it is to have a strong group of friends that believe in God and will help keep you on the mark.
The Godly Men in Courageous Legacy
- Adam – Father of two (teen boy and a nine-year-old girl) and husband
- Shane – Adam’s best friend, that has been there through each of his kids. His police partner. A father (he gets to see his son on weekends)
- Nathan – Father of three, (teen girl, two boys under 3). The newest member of the team, but upon arriving into town his own vehicle gets stolen at a gas station at the very beginning of the movie by a gang member. This was his first time meeting his team, that comes to his aide.
- Javier – Husband, father of two. He gets laid off at the beginning of the show but has such a strong faith you are rooting for him. But when things don’t look to go his ways he shouts out to God why? I don’t know about you but I’ve had those moments too. I really like his character because I think he is one we can definitely relate to.
- David – He’s a younger guy with a secret to share, but he’s just not ready until they all start bonding over their bible study.
Courageous in a Legacy in the Making
This movie is filled with action-packed drama (you’ll laugh, cry and be on the edge of your seat), COURAGEOUS Legacy will once again have viewers laughing, crying, and cheering as they are challenged and inspired by everyday heroes who long to be the kinds of dads that make a lifelong impact on their children. Protecting the streets is second nature to these men. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That’s courageous.
Is it time for a Resolution?
Do you know a man that wants to commit to becoming a better father? If they would like to take part in a Resolution Ceremony of their own they can click the link and begin turning their family’s life around for the better.
For myself, I think this is one of my favorite scenes, probably because what Carmela says to Javier is something I tell everyone on why I am rich. Are you rich?
Where’s Courageous Legacy playing? Check out this movie listing and see if it is playing in a theater near you. If not read up on how you can get it for your group.
A Teen’s Thoughts on the movie:
I love the scene where Javier is asked to lie to get a promotion. This would be an easy decision but for many, they would make the wrong one. I wasn’t sure what he would decide since this was about his family and getting more money. I definitely want to have a good job in the future so my wife isn’t always worried like his has to.
In case you didn’t know they do have a Resolution book for men. My husband received one as a gift from a co-worker when he had our last son. I remember thinking how lucky he was that they had one for men and wishing they did for women. Ladies, Guess what? Yep, they have a Resolution Book for women now. 🙂
Want to win 2 Fandango tickets to this movie?
- Comment below telling me something you learned about this film or why you want to see it?
- Retweet this post for another point and drop your link below
Enter to win tickets to CourageousLegacy from @homemom3 US only. Ends 9/26 11:59 pm #CourageousLegacyMIN
- Or Retweet this message: https://twitter.com/homemom3/status/1441588296325365762
Note: This giveaway is closed. The winner has been notified. Congratulations ChickieBrewer!