This post may contain affiliate links in it. If you click on them and purchase I will make a few cents.
It’s not always easy being a girl, especially a teenage girl. Think back to when you were one. Sometimes it feels like there’s so much pressure from society to do this, or do that, dress this way, eat that. Don’t eat too much, that’s too little. It doesn’t seem to have gotten any easier for girls throughout the years either. You can’t do this job, you have to have this much schooling, etc. There just to seems to have even more pressure now.
But even amid all the pressure, Scripture helps to guide, encourage, and motivate you to stay godly and remind you there’s always hope. Here you’ll find bible verses to encourage teenage girls when they need it most.
- “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or in dread of them, for the Lord your God is the One who is going with you. He will not desert you or abandon you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASB)
It’s so easy to avoid a situation because you’re fearful of it, or the way it might turn out. When we first moved into town my teenage daughter was afraid to try out for a play but you could see there was a spark of interest. I reminded her all they could do is say no, but what if she got the part. Hopefully, this bible verse encourages teen girls to be strong.
What happened? She not only got the part but it was a big part in the play, which also showed her she had an interest in this and had the nerve to try out for show choir and got it too. She also made friends and connections around the town through this play.
You never know the things you can accomplish unless you try. Pray to God and ask him for courage. This verse is here to remind us that the Lord is with us every step of the way and that He is always there to guide and watch over us.
Believe with your Whole Heart
- Be strong and let your heart take courage. All you who wait for the LORD. – Psalm 31:24 (NASB)
May this verse encourage teen girls to have courage in what they want to do. There have been so many times I needed God in my life and he showed up when part of me had doubts. I’m sure you have had moments like this too, or just moments you were scared or thinking negatively. Be optimistic, and be strong. With the Lord by your side, there’s nothing that you can’t face.
Pray To Him and He will Be there
- “I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” – Psalm 34:4
I was a teenager when I had to testify in court against a loved one and some pretty bad individuals. This was one of the hardest and scariest moments in my life. Part of me didn’t think I had it in me, the other part wondered if I should. After all, was said and done, a burden was lifted off me. May your heart feel at peace because God is with you.
This is such a great verse about fear, and how you don’t need to worry! Your prayers will be answered, and your anxieties will be calmed if you take the hand of the Lord. When you find yourself stuck in fear, or just don’t know what to do, the best thing you can do is reach out to Him.
When You are Lost, Hopeless
- “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” – Psalm 119:105
It’s normal to feel a little lost now and again, but keep in mind that your path is lit by the word of God. When you’re faced with obstacles or temptations and you feel like you have nowhere to turn, the Bible is waiting to be opened. Walk on a faith-paved path and be fearless.
Reach Out to Others
- “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.”- Proverbs 31:20-21
There is always somewhere you can help. You are a child of God, and you have so much love and light to give to others. It’s been said that the greatest gift you can receive is the word of God, and it is also the greatest gift you can give. Reach out to those less fortunate than you, in any way you can, and let God shine through you. It doesn’t have to be monetary, God gave you gifts to share with others.
With God you can do Anything
- “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
Hand in hand, the Lord will lead you in the right direction. Keep your faith and heart guarded against the cruelties of this world, and turn to the Lord for your needs. With Him, all things are possible and you are never, ever alone.
He has Plans for You, Bigger than you could Imagine
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11
When you feel hopeless, this verse is probably one of the best to turn to. No matter how terrible things seem, there is always a light at the end of that tunnel. Or even when you are thinking about the future, graduating school and what you will be doing. Stop stressing. God’s got you!
God has a plan for every one of his children; you’re not an exception. He loves you, and He’s given you a purpose in this world. Though it may seem unclear at times, a prosperous future and his plans are so much bigger than what you can even imagine. Let him take the wheel.
He Made You wonderful, flawless
- “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.”
– Song of Songs 4:7
God makes no mistakes. Be wonderfully and undeniably you because you were molded by the hands of the Lord Himself. You are beautiful, unique, flawless. Just the way He wanted you to be. You are perfect in the eyes of the Lord; a masterpiece sculpted by the best artist of all time. There’s no doubt in your creation, and you best believe it.
Let Him carry your burdens, lay them at his feet
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30
No burden given to you will ever be too much for you to handle, especially not with God on your side. When times are tough, talk through them with the Lord. Prayer and reading scripture are the best ways to connect with God. Read your Bible and pass your troubles to the Lord, He will take care of you and show you the way.
Don’t stress out or worry, let God have it
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”John 14:27
If you can’t tell, a repeating theme here is fear and anxiety. However, the main point is that the Lord is always there in spirit to help vanquish your fears and calm your anxieties. It isn’t always right away, but if you call upon Him you should have no worries because you’re not alone.
Don’t be tempted
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
Throughout life, there are so many temptations. A well-known example of this is Adam, Eve, and the apple. Satan will tempt you to walk away from your faith, but God will always provide a way to stay on track. It’s up to you to turn your head away from sinful obstacles in life every time you’re faced with them. Mistakes are bound to happen, and faith is bound to fluctuate. Each temptation is a test of faith, but the Lord is forgiving.
Don’t Let age stop you
- 1 Timothy 4:12 – “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and purity.”
Age doesn’t define you! Just because you’re younger than some women in the ministry, doesn’t make you less capable of having faith in the Lord. By walking in faith, you may be able to show others, regardless of age, what it looks like to have faith, footstep by footstep. Don’t let anyone break down your faith just because you are young. The youth is the most powerful because you are the future!
I don’t know about you but for me, when I need an encouraging word it helps to go right to the source. Read the bible, pray to God and sometimes journaling/writing it out helps. Here are a few sources that may help you out.
Do you have any favorite bible verses to encourage teen girls? Know some that could encourage them to uplift each other or to have strength? When dealing with peer pressure? Please write these down or memorize these bible verses to encourage other girls you may think need it.