Holidays are quickly approaching and whether you are married, single, or in a relationship chances are you already have this day on your mind. If you are in a relationship and/or married maybe you can make your other half a romantic meal for two at home instead of going out to the fancy restaurant of your (or his/her) dreams and costing a fortune.
First, you will need to know if they are allergic to anything and if they are to stay away from whatever it is. No one wants to end up in ER during the holidays, it just isn’t romantic. Decide how much you want to spend on the dish and then make it. There is nothing more romantic than someone making a meal designed just for you, it shows they not only thought of you but spent time to make sure you enjoyed it.
Providing a nice romantic dinner to your loved one, or even if this is just someone you’re interested in, shows them that you care. Remember that if you make your ideal meal, this might not be showing them that you’re thinking about them but rather focusing on what *you* want. You want to show how much you are willing to make them enjoy the meal.
Word of advice: Do not make him/her meat if they are vegetarian, it shows you don’t know much about them.
For me, I absolutely love seafood so to show me you really care would be to make me a dish with it in it. I can never get enough of the stuff, now I will not lie to you, I have never tried sushi so I would not know if I like it. But generally, I love lobster, most fish, squid, calamari, etc. Most men I have ever met like either sushi or meat, I haven’t met many that are vegetarians.
If you are the wife and cooking for a meat-and-potatoes man, an Asian-inspired Surf & Turk Rib eye steak dish for two would be perfect. If you are not sure what your partner likes to eat, homemade stuffed meatballs and spaghetti are a good way to celebrate. Think back to the scene in Lady and the Tramp when they share a romantic meal together. Still unsure of what you can make? That’s okay I have compiled a list of 10 romantic meals for two ideas for all types just in case.
Romantic Meals with Meat:
Romantic Meals with Seafood:
Romantic Desserts for Two:
2-Minute Strawberry Shortcake from Wholesome Yum
Sriracha Brownies from The Complete Savorist
Easy Chocolate Mousse in Homemade Chocolate Bowls from Fun Happy Home
Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites from Pressure Cooker Recipes
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cakes from Blommi
Fun ideas to do inside the home:
- If you plan on making a greeting card, buy one or make one that means something. Don’t do it just because the first one you see does too. Reread them and choose whichever one is the most honest with your feelings.
- Rent a romantic movie for the two of you to cuddle up with. (or action-adventurous if that sounds more appealing to you)
- Engage in some fun board games, the two of you can play just to spend some time together.
- Fill a bathtub with bubbles and set some candles around the edge. Light them for an intoxicating, relaxing atmosphere.
- Ask people about themselves. Ask them about their goals, aspirations, and who they want to be in life. You might learn something new or you could offer encouragement for a future goal.
- Use candles, dim the lights low enough so that it’s romantic but still noticeable.
- Light some scented candles and unroll a blanket then get some pillows to make a nice lounging area.
- A great idea is to fill a tub full of bubbles with red heart-shaped candies around it. Set the lights low enough so the room is romantic but you can still see, light scented candles (Eucalyptus is my fave) and set out two big fluffy robes for the both of you to slip into after you’ve taken your bath. If you are in the tub, light some candles and put on soft music so it is an intimate setting for both of you.
- Turn on some Music
- Umm, I don’t think I need to tell you to have the bedroom ready, and if you are going to use candles to be careful not to burn the place down. Don’t forget condoms just in case.
Movies for Romantic Night
If you’re looking for a romantic night indoors, you’ve come to the right place because we have compiled a list of movies you can watch!
The top ten romantic movies for a romantic night at home are “Serendipity”, “When Harry Met Sally,” and “You’ve Got Mail.” All three movies are extremely well-acclaimed by critics, although different people appreciate them for various reasons. Honestly, all three are my favorites.
The following are some romantic movies for couples:
– Breakfast at Tiffany’s
– Love Actually
– You’ve Got Mail
– Pretty Woman
– Sleepless in Seattle
– When Harry Met Sally
– Must Love Dogs
– While You Were Sleeping
– The Princess Bride
For those couples having trouble, I would suggest reading “The Love Dare” by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. Sometimes, it’s difficult to predict what will help the situation. Have a wonderful romantic dinner with your special person.
Romantic Music List For A Night Indoors
Do you want to have a romantic night indoors? Check out my list of romantic music for a romantic evening that will set the mood!
1. Need you now – Lady Antebellum
2. Your Song – Ellie Goulding
3. My love – Natalie Cole
4. If it makes you happy – Sheryl Crow
5. To love somebody – Nina Simone 6. Let me love you – Mario
6. You’re the first, … , last, everything – Barry White
7. The first cut is the deepest-Sheryl Crow
8.Can’t help falling in love – Elvis Presley
9. Nothing else matters – Mariah Carey
Have a wonderful romantic dinner with your special person.