Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and whether your are married, single or in a relationship chances are you already have this day on your mind. If you are in a relationship and/or married maybe you can make your other half a romantic meals for two at home instead of going out to the fancy restaurant of your (or his/her) dreams and costing a fortune.
First you will need to know if they are allergic to anything and if they are to stay away from whatever it is. No one wants to end up in ER on Valentine’s Day, it just isn’t romantic. Decide how much you want to spend on the dish and then make it. There is nothing more romantic than someone making a meal designed just for your, it shows they not only thought of you but spent time to make sure you enjoyed it.
I think surprising your loved one, or romantic interest if you just aren’t at the “love stage,” with a nice romantic dinner that you took the time out of your day shows you care. Keep in mind that if you make your ideal meal this might not be showing her/him that you are thinking about them but you. You want to show how much you are willing to make them enjoy the meal.
Word of advice: Do not make him/her meat if they are vegetarian, it shows you don’t know much about them.
For me, I absolutely love seafood so to show me you really care would be to make me a dish with it in it. I can never get enough of the stuff, now I will not lie to you, I have never tried sushi so I would not know if I like it. But generally I love lobster, most fish, squid, calamari, etc. Most men I have ever met like either sushi or meat, I haven’t met many that are vegetarians.
If you are the wife and cooking for a meat and potatoes type of man a dish like an Asian Inspired Surf & Turk Rib-eye steak for two would be perfect. If you aren’t 100% sure what your guy/girl likes to eat a simple stuffed meatball and spaghetti platter could be a neat way to celebrate. Think back of Lady & the Tramp when they were eating their meal and ended up lip-to-lip. Still unsure of what you can make? That’s okay I have compiled a list of 10 romantic meals for two ideas for all types just in case.
Romantic Desserts for Two:
2-Minute Strawberry Shortcake from Wholesome Yum
Sriracha Brownies from The Complete Savorist
Easy Chocolate Mousse in Homemade Chocolate Bowls from Fun Happy Home
Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites from Pressure Cooker Recipes
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cakes from Blommi
A few fun ideas to do inside the home:
- -Purchase a Card that means something. Not just the first one you see. Really read through them and pick from the heart.
- rent a romantic movie for the two of you to cuddle up with. (or action adventure depending on your cup of tea)
- have some fun board games the two of you can play just to spend some time together.
- prepare a bubble bath with candles and intoxicating scents
- ask questions about who they are, who they want to be. It doesn’t matter if you just met the person or have known them for years, there may be something in that conversation you learn about them or they you.
- Umm, I don’t think I need to tell you to have the bedroom ready and if you are going to use candles to be careful not to burn the place down. Don’t forget condoms just in case.
For those of you that are couples and having a hard time, might I suggest reading “The Love Dare” by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. You never know what will help.
Have a wonderful romantic dinner with your special person.