Mother’s Day is this weekend. Are you all ready for it? Chances are some are waiting until the last moment or just trying to get inspired to make that awesome gift. If you haven’t purchased a card yet or would like a fun thing for your little ones to do you may want to scroll through the list below and make Mom a card. There are some great homemade Mother’s Day cards for kids to make Mom!
Explaining Mother’s Day to Kids
Not every kid will understand what mother’s day is, remind them it is a day to show their mom they love and appreciate them for all they do. Some kids will wonder how they can show them, it doesn’t take much to show mom how much you love her, a hug, a kiss, a poem you wrote just for her, homemade items, and more.
Trust me, Mom will love these little DIY Mother’s Day card ideas and if you are making her something it is extra special. For many of us Moms, we love seeing the excitement and pride in our child’s eyes as they give us that homemade Mother’s Day card they created just for us.
Make sure Mom knows how special she is this Mother’s Day, even if it is a hug, kiss, and a card, she will still feel very loved because it is coming from you.
Mother’s Day Flower Cards
- 3D Flower Card DIY: Pop-Up Cards for Kids from Red Ted Art. They’ve not only got a step-by-step on how to make these adorable pop-out cards but they even have a video for those that learn by sight.
- Handprint Flower Bouquet: Mother’s Day Craft Idea from Easy Peasy and Fun has a beautiful bouquet just for mom. Use her favorite color and brighten up her day.
- Flower Handprint Cards from Glued to My Crafts
- Flower Pot Card from I Stamp by Nancy Riley
- Cupcake Flower Liner: Mother’s Day Cards from I Heart Crafty Things
- Mother’s Day Footprint Flower Keepsake Card from Emma Owl
- Bouquet Hearts Card from Make and Takes
- Construction Paper Crafts for Kids: Rainbow Flowers from Twitchetts
- DIY Mother’s Day Card for Preschoolers from Ducks ‘n a Row
- I love you to pieces: Suncatcher Card from Learning and Exploring through Play
Mother’s Day Card that Hug & Kiss
- Make a Huggy Mother’s Day Card from Moms and Crafters and show mom you are giving her a great big bear hug on this special day
- The Kissing Hand Pop Up Card from Buggy and Buddy
- Make String Heart Yarn Cards from Hello Wonderful
- Hand-sewn Greeting Cards with Bakers Twine for Mother’s Day from Destination Decoration
- Colorful Mother’s Day Ideas from Teach With Me