Grinch Cake Mix Cookies with tiny Mint Hearts!
Nicoli and I wanted to make cookies one day and had recently heard of cake mix cookies at story hour. I decided to go to the store and see what we could create. We saw lots of cake mixes to choose from and in the same aisle was all the Christmas stuff and someone walked by with a sour attitude and I immediately thought about Grinch. We’d make Grinch Cake Mix Cookies!
Aren’t those Grinch Cake Mix Cookies cute? I’m the type of mom that loves to tie baking into something to read or watch. These cookies would go nicely with a hot chocolate, curled up in the living room watching “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Don’t you think so?
Ingredients for Grinch Cake Mix Cookies:
- Cake Mix
- food coloring (green)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- powdered sugar
- Andis mints
- Make sure everything is ready and hands are washed. (sorry I’m doing this with Nicoli)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl add cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs. Mix it all up. You might want to add another drop of coloring depending on color.
- Put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool. This will help when putting it on the tray.
- Sprinkle sugar down on a surface. Take a Tablespoon of your mix, roll it into a ball in the sugar. (little ones love this part.)
- Place on baking sheet and press candy in the center to melt. (We used Andi’s Mints and broke them into pieces to form hearts.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until ready. Check on them if your oven burns quicker.
- Let cool 3-4 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
It really is that simple. In fact, I plan on making many more different types. I loved how soft the Grinch Cake Mix Cookies turned out.