Disclosure: This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Old Spice. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine and the two boys, err one boy (hehe).
My oldest loves helping me out when it comes to reviews, he’s the one that can always make me laugh when I’m taking pictures in the store of a product. Imagine how it felt to hear him agree to actually doing a video with me for this review. EEEeeek, I could only wonder what he would come up with when we were asked to try out the new Welcome to Manhood’s Smellcome package for the #scentresponsibly campaign. I must admit that he is one that loves to shower, shave and spray on the good stuff. But he had recently ran out of his normal type and I wasn’t 100% sure if he’d agree to wear “Old Spice” as he had told me, “Isn’t that for “older” men?” In other words he thought it was for the older generation and not the older teens to younger 20s. haha
We got our package and we all gathered around to see what came in this suitcase addressed to him. I mean it isn’t every day you get a review in a small traveling case. Man, I swear everyone wants me to realize he is graduating next year….trust me people I get it. No need to send a suitcase. But inside was three spray bottles of deodorant in scents: Bearglove, Swagger and Fiji. I really liked the Fiji on him. Inside was a certificate of Achievement “Smellcome to Manhood” which of course he gave his 6 year old brother, Little A, who was very excited since he is also in the video. Inside the package was also a video “Over the Top” with Sylvester Stallone which the kids immediately watched, duct tape (which he says can solve almost any problem or fix something), Unruly Paste (for the hair) and a book “The are of Manliness” by Brett and Kate McKay.
I don’t know about you but I remember the “older version” of Old Spice, you know the stick red deodorant that smelled just like my grandpa or dad, but now they also have these cans they can spray on them. Love it, definitely new age stuff that the younger generation can feel better about. No more looking like something your parents would have used. Now it can be “cool” for teens to wear it.
Stay up to date with all of Old Spice’s latest products by visiting their homepage, Twitter, Youtube and or Facebook page. Don’t forget to watch the video and let my boys know what you thought. I mean it isn’t every day that a 6 year old becomes a 16 year old. There are three new collections, the Red Zone, The Wild Collection and the Fresh Collection.
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray – “Scent Responsibly” and smell like a man, not a middle school locker room.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds – James Blunt never sounded so manly.
- “Over the Top” DVD – Dominate at arm wrestling like Lincoln Hawk, without having to go to truck driving school.
- Duct Tape – Fix anything on the planet.
- Old Spice Branded Wood Flash Drive – Important Old Spice files everyone should memorize (Old Spice“Scent Responsibly” education video, Informational Infographic, Fact Sheet, etc.)
- Art of Manliness Book – Becoming a man is an art and a science. It was much safer to send a paperback book than a Bunson Burner.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate – A made-up diploma to add to your LinkedIn profile.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
US residents 18+ only need enter. Giveaway ends 3/03 at midnight. Winner will be emailed. No purchase necessary to win.