Beautiful scenery of the desert where I live. This was just one evening out here, I was so amazed by how beautiful the sky was. In Indiana you didn’t always get to see the beautiful sky because of the trees or the clouds covering the night sky, out here you get to see everything for miles and miles which would normally not impress me but a view like this is breathtaking. I just had to share.
It’s summer time and I’m sure some of ya’ll will be stopping off at hotels. Check out Best Western’s summer deal going on right now. Many of you know that I am moving this summer, which means traveling from Indiana to California, I’m guessing some time during this trip we will be stopping. I love reading that after a third night we’d get a free night, since I know we won’t be in one town more than one night until we get to where we are going. If you are planning on traveling cross country or from one state to another you may want to take advantage of their summer deal. I’m putting up their press release below:
Best Western Rewards members who stay three separate nights through August 18 at a Best Western hotel, will earn a free night voucher that can be used at any of Best Western’s 2,000+ hotels in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean.
To take advantage of Best Western’s summer promotion, travelers simply need to:
- · Join Best Western Rewards, the hotel chain’s free loyalty program, if they haven’t already at http://www.bestwestern.com/
- · Register for the summer promotion by July 28 at www.bestwestern.com/summer
- · Stay three separate times at any Best Western hotel June 17- Aug. 18, 2013
- · The free night voucher must be redeemed on or before January 31, 2014
Kids bowl free in Greenwood, Indiana this summer if they register. I don’t know about you but I loved bowling as a child, in fact I was in a bowling league (can’t say I was very good but I have a lot of happy memories) and bet my kids would have a blast. Head on over to Kidsbowlfree.com and register your kids today. Registered kids will be able to play 2 free games every day during the summer. Sound like fun?
Not in Indiana? Not a problem, on the homepage you can click to check to see if your state/city is doing it in your area. Good luck!
Note: You will have to purchase/rent bowling shoes as they are not free. Child must be 15 years or younger to participate in this program.
Get your free Bic Razors at Walmart. I don’t typically use these but having them on hand can’t hurt right? (especially when they are free) Prices may vary in different locations, these are based off my local Walmart.
Buy: (1) Bic Silky Touch 3 Disposable Razor, $2.96
Use: (1) $3/1 BIC Razor, disposable (exp. 09/02/2012) 08/05/2012 SS Insert
Final Cost: FREE plus $0.04 profit!
You can only use 4 of these coupons in the same visit, but you save $12. Coupon does state it is good for ANY disposable bic razor product. Plus if you have a Dollar Tree store near you, pick up the Sunday paper for $1 and save even more.
If you are one of those families that actually had a summer break and are not year round chances are your summer is coming to a quick end in the next few weeks. What does this mean? It means you have to hurry up and figure out all those back to school shopping lists and how you are going to go about getting everything you need. Am I right? I have a few quick tips for you and if you have something to add feel free to comment below.
Back To School Tips
1. Grab up all those coupons- Check your local stores for those in-store ads, don’t forget the store flyers. Other places to find coupons will be your Sunday paper with all those coupon inserts magazines and going online to coupon sites. For a list of the upcoming coupon inserts check out Sunday Coupon Inserts.
2. Compare prices- Go on the internet and find which stores have the best back to school supplies list. I normally do this by checking out my favorite deal and coupon blogs. They always have the best of deals.
Walgreens has 2 pocket folders for .09
3. Deals, deals, deals- Let your money stretch. Find the stores that offer you the best deals.
BOGO, 50% off, $5 off when you spend, etc.
Toys R Us is giving a free lunchkit (value up to $9.99) when you purchase any backpack $12.99 or more.
CVS is doing a Spend $15 on Expo dry erase set and get $3 ECB
4. Rebates- Go out and make sure what companies have rebates going on. Sites like Retailmenot.com, fatwallet.com, ebates.com and many others.
5. Incentives- Find the deals that have the best incentives. CVS and Walgreens tend to always give you ECB/RegisterRewards when you purchase some school supply.
Remember before going out to shop to have a list with you. Know where you are going and what deals you are going to hit up. Not to mention the coupons ready to make those deals even sweeter. What other suggestions do you have? Are you done with back to school shopping? How much do you have left?