Beautiful scenery of the desert where I live. This was just one evening out here, I was so amazed by how beautiful the sky was. In Indiana you didn’t always get to see the beautiful sky because of the trees or the clouds covering the night sky, out here you get to see everything for miles and miles which would normally not impress me but a view like this is breathtaking. I just had to share.
Well I did it, I finally drove on a highway with traffic and bridges. Thankfully even though our course would take us through St.Louis and scare the you know what out of me, I never did it. Once we left Lees Summit, Missouri I knew I was going to deal with things I never thought I’d have to do. See being afraid of driving has worked for us since we were only a one car family for so long. Now I must get over the whole driving thing since we will be apart for a while.
Anyways, we made it in two days. We had to stop one day as I had a college assignment due and no way to do it driving. Thankfully the rain stayed away from us while driving too, which was a big concern of mine.
As you can tell by the pictures the kids are enjoying the use of the backyard. Since there is a face they are spending more time outdoors then they did in Lees Summit. Even Little A is outside running and playing tag, it’s cute to see him run up to them and yell, “you it” and run off giggling. Course the older ones are getting a bit stir crazy, last night we walked around the neighborhood in the hopes of spotting even one child but it didn’t happen. Today, SoccerBoy went on a walk with that same hope, but it didn’t happen. I tried explaining many will be in due to the heat or away on vacation. Something tells me they don’t believe me.
What were some fun things you remember about moving into a new place? The kids have already found their favorite spots to sit and read or play video games. The girls like their walk in closet for their space. SoccerBoy likes sitting near windows and Little A seems fascinated with the hall closet, he even claimed the bottom two shelves for his clothes since he saw everyone else claiming closets. Can ya tell they love being outside? The picture here is SoccerBoy passing the soccerball off to Little A and the girls (BabyGirl in the yellow shirt) waiting to get it from him.
Well time for me to get back on track with the #31DBBB I’ve been away long enough. Plus SoccerBoy wants on Yoursphere, yes he still LOVES that site.
About that list I made:
- Drove to Indiana (woo hoo)
- Still deciding on furniture but found out movers will be here at the end of the week. Yes, we are without things for a whole week. FUN FUN. Thank goodness we bought things in the hotel right?
- I began the 8 week Lumixyl’s Topical Brightening System and must say it made my face feel really clean, but it did turn my cheeks red. I’ll write the review later, remember it is an 8 week course.
- lose weight- ummm not sure as there is no scale. But I’m not eating out all the time so that helps.
- Kids and I have began a walk schedule but it looks like, at least until movers get here we’ll be walking a LOT during the week.
- I go tomorrow to enroll the girls, Wednesday to enroll SoccerBoy.
Just about finished that to do list. I still have a few things left but looks like I’ll be writing up a new one soon.
Friday we leave all hotels to begin our new life in a new state. What does this mean? Well it means a lot, new school, neighborhoods, shots if the kids need them, getting movers to come and so much more. Basically it means I need to get myself into gear and ready, so I think I’m going to try a checklist for next month just to see if I can stay on top of things.
- Drive to Indiana (Yes, me, the one person who has never driven further than 2 hours away. The person who happens to have a huge fear of bridges, tunnels and overpasses…lets not forget going over 45) I’ll let ya’ll know on Saturday how well I do. For those that don’t know I also have a fear of driving, so much that I refused to learn until I turned 26 and that was only because I almost gave birth at home to our 3rd child.
- Figure out where all Furniture will go- By this I mean which room goes to the boys and girls and then where my couch and hutch will fit. Something tells me I’ll need to put the hutch in my room. Eeek!
- Schedule Movers- Yes I need to call and find out exactly what time the movers will be out there. Prefer Monday, but not sure if they can do it that quickly.
- Begin unpacking. Unless of course movers aren’t there.
- Begin Lumixyl’s Topical Brightening System which is suppose to make me brighter in 8 weeks. (I’d love for my skin to look healthier and with all the hotel stays and driving it looks gross). I’ll need to take a pic to begin it. I want to take that same picture every week.
- Begin losing weight, which means no eating junk and replace the soda intake with water.
- Begin a walking routine with the kids.
- Enroll the kids in school- I have three kids that’ll be going to school this year which means I need to sign them up for school. I’ve already peeked and they start around the 3rd week in August. No time to goof off, I need to figure out where all documents are, see who needs shots and do this.
- Get SoccerBoy on a bus schedule- his school happens to be between two VERY busy roads (highway) and there is NO way I’m letting him walk or ride his bike.
- Schedule a Physical- All three kids want to do sports which means getting physicals.
How’s that for a to-do list?
As all my readers already know I’ve been in hotels now for over a month, first to go find a house to live and then to wait to move in once we got back here and had the movers take everything. I’d love to lie and say it has all been a piece of cake but I’m not going to do that because anyone knows that moving is anything but that.
The House Drama
We got the house but not without a struggle and the monthly bills will probably be pretty high. Which means our moving to our permanent home will probably take 6months to one year more than we had planned. I knew immediately when I saw the house I wanted it, even though it was small inside and meant our boys would bunk together and our girls would bunk together but I felt good about it. More than likely our youngest will end up in his toddler bed in our room. No big deal. There’s a BIG backyard with a fence, which means Little A can run and I don’t constantly have to chase him or keep him inside. ..especially when the others are at school and daddy at work. The girls’ school is located less than 2 blocks away so they can walk, SoccerBoy’s is down the road a bit but I feel safe about it. After many issues with the lease everything was signed and cash sent. Cash took forever to get to him even though we sent it priority mail and every day we got a call asking where it was. Only problem we knew it was out there and would get to him, he didn’t really know us and wasn’t sure if he could trust us. Finally, we move in a week from today. Phew.
Man this is one of those things that I barely want to talk about but I feel I must or I’ll explode. For as long as I can remember we’ve always had one car, since being out of the military and boy is that tough. One car after another breaks down and leaves us with something worse than the one before. I miss my mini van that’s for sure. I hate the Subaru. I get that my husband loves it, it’s a fix-me-upper, but it is also a vehicle that means one of us will always stay behind, that or we make double trips. Being in hotels this has got very aggravating. Hubby went to a dealership and decided I needed a new car, one he could trust even if it were used for me.
After 2 weeks of dealing with the dealer, we went home with my baby. She’s a 2004 Buick Segal that I named Regina. I found out last night what I thought was mine may not be. Apparently they let us “test drive” the vehicle until today, today we take it back and see if we are bringing her back home with us or if we will all pile inside the Subaru until our move is complete. The car honestly isn’t worth $10000 they want, but I don’t see them lowering the price $2000 to fit the blue book price, which means we’ll leave her in the lot. If we leave her we will not look again until we get to our destination and try that weekend to get anything we can. This worries me, anytime we’ve had to wait until last minute we get left with crap. Hubby says we’ll only worry about it lasting a month but that worries me more. I don’t want a car I know will only last a month, I want one that’ll last for MANY months, even years and something I’m at least kind of proud of. I leave in an hour to figure what happens.
While college seems to be going great I worry about signing the kids up for school. How will it be for them going into a new school yet again and making friends. Soccerboy seems to have a harder time making new friends which worries me more. The girls, well it just seems to be easier for girls, but he is older and has more of those pressures of the kids already having the groups they been in for years. I also worry about finding all the paperwork to sign them up. We couldn’t find every social security card, birth certificate, etc and am just hoping I find it all in time. More stress. See, yes I am stressing out.
Believe it or not it has been okay staying here, I prefer something more like the Fairfield Inn or Hampton Inn but we’ve been in the Super 8 and do get clean sheets and towels. But breakfast is far from what it was at the Hampton and I miss it, yes slightly spoiled on that. But also worry because kids are getting restless and want to run in the room but I want to keep them quiet as we are three floors up. Okay had to get all that off my chest. Thank you.
Well it is Tuesday so we have a lot of catching up since the last time I posted. Class is going good, the hubby has been taking the kids out the days I have two assignments due that night just so I can fully concentrate before submitting them.
Hasbro sent us some card games to review and the kids have loved the Mille Bornes Card Game. They love it, now I’m not entirely sure if they are playing it strictly by the rules but they are enjoying it. Basically the winner is when someone reaches 1000 miles. I’ll review it better in my next post. So thankful to Hasbro for sending us these three card games. :0) It is really saving my sanity.
Course the kids packed a few of their own toys before movers packed everything. Take a peek. Hotwheels, Buzz Lightyear and Army men, Barbie & Friends, Scout, Littlest Pet Shop Pets and of course My Little Pony. Along with an arsenal of video games, game boys, Vtech and Leapfrog. Kids are busy, I even bought a soccer ball for the field beside the hotel.
Currently the oldest is reading books. Yes, we brought books and daddy has stopped off at the store and picked up MORE books:
This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer (soccerboy)
Kashimash Vol 2 by Satoru Akahori (BalletGirl)
TinkerBell and the Lost Treasure (BabyGirl)
Thomas’ Railway Word Book (Little A)
What are you currently reading? How do you stay sane in a hotel after almost a month?