I’m Elizabeth Ferree, wife and mother to five children. I began “The Life as a Home Mom” as a way of keeping a journal for the husband to read when he went off to Iraq, after that I just got hooked and never wanted to stop sharing all the adventures of our family with the readers, it was also a way of keeping the rest of the family in the loop. In 2007 we got out of the military, moved to Missouri and started living the Civilian lifestyle. I won’t lie, there’s been some pretty hard times, but some fun ones too. This blog will show you the bumps, bruises and laughter of parenthood, along with a few tips/reviews and giveaways. I completed my Bachelor’s degree in 2012 out in Indiana and have been searching for a job in social media and/or public relations. We had our last child in 2013 just before I moved to California.
Other Writing I’ve done:
I’ve been a freelance writer for the past 10 years and have worked as a ghost writer/interviewer/reviewer/blogger during that time. Below is a short list of places I’ve wrote for with a link to some of the articles. Keep in mind not all of these links work, the sites have either went down or changed owners:
Writerspace: Interviewer under Eliza Ferree
MomGadget: Reviewer (MomGadget Eliza)
451press: TomCruiseWatch, GwenStefani, ReviewingToys, TV, etc
In the past I’ve written SEO articles, been a ghost writer, short description pieces, etc. If you’ve got any questions feel free to contact me using the contact page and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
About the Kid Reviewers:
– SoccerBoy is your typical teen: 18 and loves books, video games, board games, basketball, music and movies. (especially end of the world type) Chances are if you see him he will have at least one headphone in his ear as he stays tuned into his music throughout the day.
– BalletGirl is a teen girl: 14 and loves anime anything, movies (about anime or romantic comedies and chicky stuff), jewelry, make up, fingernail polish, fashion and art stuff.
– Babygirl is hitting that in between phase: Is 11 years old and loves being the Princess. Is in the 5th grade and loves her Barbies, Littlest Pet Shops and and My Little Ponys…ya know typical little girl things. If it is pink and frilly this is totally her, but she is also hitting the time where she wants to start being more like her sister and getting all fancy with her hair, bracelets, etc. Her newest interests are astronomy, art and learning more about being a vet.
– Little A is 8, he’s my little dare devil and loves anything that’ll be rough, tough and dirty. Hot Wheels, army men, GI Joe, trucks, wrestlers, Buzz Lightyear, etc.
– Nicoli is our youngest, currently he is 2 years old and loves anything to do with puzzles. He loves building towers with blocks, movies, just about anything he can figure out will stack. Nicoli will sit with a book and read it page by page or at least it sounds like he is. He’s also in the copying phase.