I can remember each birth as if it happened yesterday, I remember every time they fell down and really hurt themselves. The times I cried because you try so hard to protect them but sometimes they still get hurt. You watch them grow and no matter what it is amazing but somehow it slips by you and it is gone. That beautiful little baby you held on to with some much love and worry that you’d some how mess up, they are no longer little anymore…they are growing up. No longer do they need to be picked up and carried around, no longer are you running after them because they are crawling into a new area or learning to take their first steps. All those have been accomplished and documented, now it is more about learning to let go of them. Letting them figure out the world on their own, accepting that they do not always want you, or need you around…yeah that is a hard part, trust me I know.
The oldest is in high school, he is a Sophomore now and boy he can’t wait to turn 18 and go to college and begin to get that job as a CEO. I laugh because I remember how many years that little boy was determined to be a paleontologist (and the fact I remember how to spell that) and how he begged us to find him a camp to do a summer program for it. Of course that was not granted when I learned it was in Egypt and he was only 7 years old. I wish him the very best of luck as being the CEO of a company, I know he has what it takes. The girls of course are maturing on their own, BalletGirl is in Jr. High (or whatever they call it these days), BabyGirl adjusting to a new school and making tons of friends. Little A, shockingly has entered kindergarten and makes me very proud.
This past week I began work, it has been an adjustment for everyone in the family. I’m no longer here for bedtimes, nor am I here but for an hour after everyone gets off the bus. Dad has stepped up and helped with the meals, baths, reading before bed and homework. One day this week Little A came running down the stairs and gave me the biggest hug, looking down I noticed tears in his eyes. “What’s wrong?” His reply, “I thought you were dead, you were gone for ever and you never tucked me in.” I hugged him tight and reminded him I’d no longer be here at night every night, sometimes I would be not always. So imagine my shock last night as I sit on the couch and he begs me to go, apparently he likes when I am gone because they can watch anything they want and not clean immediately. haha. It hurt at first, a smidge, but I smile when I think, it’s only because there are two different ways mom and dad do things. Either way the family is doing good, just doing everything one day at a time. How do you handle all the changes? Do you miss certain phases of your kids’ lives?
We love to cool off on a warm day with the frozen treats, so we were really excited when we were asked if we’d like to review some new lines of our favorite ice cream brands by Unilever. My guess is you are probably really wondering what ice cream brands we got to review….well that is easy: Magnum, Popsicle, Breyers, Klondike and Good Humor. To be honest, until this review I had no clue what Good Humor Ice cream was, imagine my surprise to discover it was those candy bar ice creams, had been wanting to try the Mounds ice cream bars for some time so this gave me the opportunity.
- Magnum- These were my absolute favorite, but I must admit I am a chocoholic so I didn’t grab up the mint…that will be my next trip. I love, love, love chocolate and these ice cream bars are full of them. These ice cream bars have a creamy chocolate ice cream in the center, covered with a chocolate sauce and then coated with a Belgian milk chocolate hard shell. Only problem is they only have 3 per box so I can’t say that I got anyone else’s opinion on these, they were too good to share. Oh and I need to go get more now. If dark chocolate is not for you there are Double Caramel, classic, almond, white, dark, mint, mochaccino and of course the mini pleasures in both classic and almond form which have 6 small individual bites.
- Klondike through me for a loop because some how I had no clue they made something other than the typical vanilla ice cream with the chocolate covering. You know the “what would you do for a Klondike bar” original. But they do and my husband is extremely happy about this because they have a peanut butter version, their original choco taco comes in chocolate and now in peanut butter. I am amazed with all the different ice cream varieties they do have from sandwiches, shakes to 100 calories. “Klondike is taking their famous Original Choco Taco to the next level as they have introduces the Chocolate and Peanut Butter varieties, as well as the new Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich.” The tacos reminded me of a chocolate ice cream taco I could get when I was much younger so this had a wonderful childhood favorite memory for me. The shell isn’t super hard like you’d think, it is soft and inside the ice cream is light and has the perfect amount of flavor. Yummy, now I’ll have to try some more.
- Breyers Blasts! Is just like they say, a blast of goodness. You get the regular taste with a splash…errr that should say a blast of whatever the given flavor is. Not something that just has a sprinkling of a flavor, you get the blast in every bite. There are four new flavors including Chocolate REESE’S, Golden OREO, Cookies & Cream, OREO Birthday Blast! and Klondike Krunch. Banana Split and S’mores flavors are also available nationwide. Of course they still have your old favorites like the Natural Vanilla, etc.
- Good Humor has REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup and now the Mounds and York Ice Cream Bars. (which I mentioned above.
- Popsicle, a brand my children love. Normally I avoid eating these but the kids absolutely love them, in fact they ate them all gone. I was a bit surprised because the new line is calledYosicle. This is a combo of their favorite flavored ice pops made with yogurt. Popsicle also partnered with SOUR PATCH KIDS to introduce fruity, candy-inspired pops that replicate the sour then sweet taste of the classic candy.
1 lucky winner will get a coupon for a free box of Klondike, Good Humor, Popsicle, Breyer’s Blast and Magnum.
Fill out the rafflecopter below. US only.
Disclosure: The Life of a Home Mom was provided one coupon for each ice cream brand for review purposes, no other form of compensation was passed. The opinions on this page were mine alone and my family.