The Kansas Beef Council has stated May is Beef Month and in honor of that they are doing the Kansas City Heart Walk this morning. Now I cannot make it down there, however I will definitely do some walking this morning. But they would also like to reward one lucky reader by giving them a $20 Hy-Vee gift card.
· There are 29 cuts of lean beef, each with less than 10 grams of fat per serving.
· Calorie-for-calorie, lean beef is one of the most naturally nutrient-rich power foods.
· A 3-ounce serving of lean beef is low in calories, but high in nutrients, and gives you 50 percent of your protein needs for the day.
· Lean beef provides protein that helps build muscle mass that aids exercise and weight management.
· The protein in lean beef plays a role in the management of Type II diabetes and heart disease.
· Lean beef helps maintain muscle, helping you stay stronger as you age.
· During exercise, protein helps fuel the workout by helping the body to maintain normal blood sugar levels.
· In addition to protein, beef provides a rich source of iron which aids in the oxygenation of muscle cells as they are working hard during a training session.
· Protein builds muscle, and muscle is your body’s primary calorie burner. For every pound of muscle you add, you burn an extra 30 to 50 calories per day.
For those of you that are at the beef walk or going to it don’t forget to give the Kansas Beef Council your passport for your own $20 Hy-vee gift card, which the first 100 people will get.
Prize: 1 winner will get a $20 Hy-vee Gift Card
RULES: You must live in Kansas or Missouri (sorry everyone else)
- Comment and tell me one recipe you like from the “Beef its what’s for Dinner” site or one beef recipe you would like to share with us.
- Make sure you use a working email
Extra Entries: Blog this or twitter it
Deadline: June 8 (my anniversary)